June 9, 2008

Tragedy in Akihabara

All of my family couldn't sleep well last night. I even had a nightmare and woke up sweating in the middle of the night. Why didn't we sleep well?

I really don't want to use any negative words on my blog, but a man murdered 7 people in Akihabara, Tokyo, yesterday. A peaceful Sunday afternoon had become a horrifying chaos all of a sudden. Images on TV were too powerful to let us fall asleep. For more details, please check out AFP and BBC NEWS.

The victims include a 19-year old man and a 21-year-old woman. The assailant says, "I was tired of living. I came to Akihabara to kill people. It didn't matter whom I'd kill." What the heck are you talking about? No one can take someone else's life.

I guess the murderer has never been loved. If he ever had an experience of being loved or loving someone, he would know how devastating it is when someone you love loses his/her life. These victims didn't even have a chance to say good-bye to their families.

I feel indignant towards this type of selfish and hateful behavior. It's a shame to blog this incident happened in Akihabara, which is one of the Japanese pop culture icons. It should be a fun and safe place for people who enjoy shopping and hanging out with friends.

I pray for those who passed away in the incident.
May they rest in peace.
I wish those who were injured in the attack a speedy recovery.

No comments: